I peed on another HPT this morning, another really ultra-sensivite 10mIU one. It presented me with an absolutely virginally blank white surface where the second line should have been.
No more pain, no fresh bleeding (traces of pink spotting, now drying up).
Huh, I say again.
I’m, well, I’m startled to find myself relieved. As much as I long and long and beg and pray [pray? You’re an atheist] to be pregnant again, I still find the thought of it very scary. And finding out I’m pregnant while bleeding and being in pain and not knowing when I ovulated? Too scary.
I apologize for all the flusterment last night. I freaked out. I’m not a brave strong stoic insouciant person at all, really. I’m a neurotic wimp.
Anyway. Current theories:
- Satsuma finally ovulated in spectacular style, possibly throwing a double (I’m older, there have been non-identical twins in the family, I have PCOS, all things that increase the chance of throwing a double), and the bleed was Sore Ovary Being Sore.
- Satsuma grew a nice big cyst, and it popped at last, hence pain and blood, and which would also explain why this cycle is so *nnnnyrgh* delayed already.
- Polyps. Again. They cause random stupid bleeding. I know, I was there, I was that soldier, I nearly bled to fucking death. It was certainly the death of fucking. Ovarian pain remains unexplained in this scenario.
- Weird hormonal weirdness of weird causing uterine lining to ‘break down’, which comes under the heading of Crap That Happens To Women With PCOS. Ovarian pain unexplained in this scenario too.
- Apparently, according to Dr Google (I know I shouldn’t talk to Dr Google. Sorry), adenomyosis can cause a lot of spotting and light bleeding (urgh). I do spot for a week or so after the end of each period. Spotting at random now? Did I say ‘urgh’? Again, Satsuma’s shrieky fit remains mystery.
- Or, hey, I am pregnant, but have strangely and suddenly become one of the small percentage of women who do not excrete HCG in their urine. About as likely as being struck by lightening while holding a winning lottery ticket and being crowned Queen of Cuba by Richard Dawkins now Archbishop of York. *Takes aspirin, whimpers over lack of coffee, hates everything*
A special shout-out to HFF, who photographed a non-pregnant peed-on peestick of the same brand and emailed the picture to me so I could do compare-and-contrast with my stupid evap line of stupid. It’s no fun having a paranoid freak-out without friends to hold your hand and enable you along the way.