Dear God this is embarrassing. Weeks ago, both Secret D and Heather nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award. Weeks ago. And I was all, wow, you guys! I am so flattered! And touched! And, about, say, fifteen years old? In gushing terms?
And then I tucked the Award lovingly into my back pocket and sat on it for, like I said, weeks. And every few days I’d take it out and pat it lovingly and think, I’ll do that later. When I’m in a better mood.
At this rate, I’ll be in a better mood approximately seventeen minutes before Hell Freezes Over.
So I shall do it now.
* Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
* Copy the award and place it in your blog.
* Link the person who nominated you for this award.
* Tell us 7 interesting things about you.
* Nominate 7 bloggers.
* Post the links to the 7 bloggers you nominate.
I’ve done the first three. Now, 7 interesting things about me. Hmm. I’ve done similar listy-memes before, here, and here, and here, ooh, and here, and I’ve just found another one, and here, and I’m sure this is the last. No, wait, it isn’t. Crikey, but I do love to yap a lot. 7 more interesting things about me? I think I may have to scrape the bottom of the barrel a little. I can do that. Tell you what, I can get H to do that. H? H! Seven interesting things about me, please.
- My Myers-Briggs personality type is INFJ. We make up about 1% of the population, the rarest of all 16 types. H likes this fact. He always knew I was Not Like Other Girls and this proves it. He also knows, in case of any dispute, it’s Me and Not Him. Even when I’m completely, totally right about whateveritis, it’ll be something most people aren’t usually right about.
- I am a geek. I actually like cataloguing and classifying. I amuse myself by classifying random books in Oxfam shops, just to see if I can.
- My taste in music is, apparently, unusually broad, in that I like everything from Handel to Manu Chao, from Cornershop back to Hildegard of Bingen.
- I have read every single word that J.R.R Tolkien ever published, including all the academic essays and literary criticism (what? He was an Oxford Don, you know) and am working up to being able to say the same for C.S. Lewis.
- I am an atheist. A diamond-hard, to-the-core, none-of-your-agnostic-shilly-shallying, atheist. I still have my Baptismal candle, and I will cross myself and light candles to the saints when I am in a Catholic church. Richard Dawkins would despair of me.
- I grew up on a farm in Italy. It seemed a perfectly reasonable thing to do at the time, but H, bless him, finds it interesting.
- H also finds it interesting that I own, love, and can quote extensively from, a great many books by John Donne, Shakespeare, Austen, Tolkien, Pratchett, Le Guin, Dorothy L. Sayers, Primo Levi, Neil Gaiman, Dickens, Trollopes Anthony and Fanny but NOT Joanna, Stephen Jay Gould, Diana Wynne Jones, C.S. Lewis, Lord Dunsany, Milton, Murasaki Shikibu, Margaret Atwood, Wordsworth, Marlowe, J.K. Rowling (I feel a teeny bit ashamed of that one), Coleridge, Iain M. Banks, Douglas Adams, Stephen Fry (can you tell?), Asimov, Bill Bryson, George Eliot, A.S. Byatt, … OK, H is getting a bit impatient of this now. We’ll stop there. You get the point.
OK. Seven beautiful bloggers to hand this out to. Well. *Thinks*. I know far far too many beautiful bloggers. How do you do this without feeling you’re leaving people out?
OK. Let’s go with this lot.
- Twangy Pearl, because she is so very sweet and very funny, and her drawings really are really beautiful. And cute. And witty. Check out her cabbage.
- Hairy Farmer Family‘ fabulous Wifey. Because I adore her.
- Meganlisbeth, because she has been a staunch supporter of all things May since 2007, and I am so grateful.
- Valery, who hasn’t been blogging long, but is charmingly whimsical, and (don’t we all?) deserves a hug.
- Xbox. Who can be a handsome blogger, if he prefers. His posts on the birth of his long-awaited daughter made me cry happy tears (happily! It was lovely!) Because that really was beautiful.
- MFA Mama. Who makes me laugh myself hysterical, bless her, and who is brave as a lioness.
- Korechronicles, because I miss her beautiful, beautiful photos.
There. And as for those of you I haven’t nominated, well, you deserve a nomination anyway. Several nominations. Many, many nominations. Big shiny nominations with stars and flowers and Cupids on.